PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mil/Civ Operations
View Single Post
Old 26th Sep 2005, 11:39
rej

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maybe we should start a new thread: 'Coordination'

The first post would be the correct /approved phraseology used by civilian controllers and that used by military controllers.
The next 20,000 would be bitching over who is right and who is wrong. THERE ARE DIFFERENCES BUT THE COAL-FACE CONTROLLERS ARE NOT IN A POSITION TO DO OTHER THAN WHAT IS RIGHT FOR THEIR TASK.

I think that it is appauling that such a fundimental,vital aspect of our job has differences and the day that it is rationalized is long overdue. I also think that, whilst there are 2 different types of phrases out there, we should aim to go for the one which makes it legally binding for both controllers (ie the lowest common denominator). At the end of the day we have to keep the aircraft safely apart and in doing so often requires 'legally' binding agreements; the only way to make the agreement such is by doing it properly and understanding the other controllers requirements to help them. Yes call it covering your a$$ but if you do thinks corrctly then your aircraft are safe and you are not exposed.

Last edited by rej; 26th Sep 2005 at 12:11.