PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is contaminated bleed air harmful? YES...
Old 26th Sep 2005, 10:17
MOR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can you please give me some references I can show crew in the galley which specifically relate to toxicology inhalation testing of heated engine oils for the complete spectrum of neurological problems, i.e. chronic neurotoxicity and lung injuries ?
Nope. Neither can you. That is the whole point! Nobody knows FOR SURE either way. There are many assumptions. Some studies have been done, including some good ones by various manufacturers, but of course none of you will believe them, will you?

So I pass it back to you. Prove to me that the actual fumes that I may have experienced in my years on the 146, are in any way harmful to me.

Even in the case of two crew members suffering symptoms at the same time... how do you know that whatever affected them didn't come from a different source? How do you know, for example, that it wasn't some plastic burning somewhere close to them? The fumes from that are highly toxic.

Please understand, I'm not saying that case WASN'T fumes, and I'm not saying fumes aren't dangerous in some way. I'm simply saying that the problem has been massively overstated.

What I am saying is that the problem has now been hijacked by some groups with clear (financial) agendas, not to mention the ones telling bare-faced lies about aircraft arriving with 60-odd unconscious passengers.

'Tea or Coffee ?'
Coffee, thanks, milk and no sugar. Oh, better not, how do we know the potable water isn't contaminated? And I shouldn't have milk in it, I mean how do I know the dairy it came from isn't infected with salmonella... and how do we know the cups aren't contaminated with something...???