PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK Resignations
Thread: EK Resignations
View Single Post
Old 26th Sep 2005, 10:01
LHR Rain

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FlyBoy,

No doubt that the Canadian airline industry is in the toilet much like the rest of the world. What I have a problem with is that most of the Canadians don't want to "rock the boat" and stand up for anything. Just this week we had two Canadians leave for JFK 3 1/2 hours late. This is a huge problem as you can imagine. The relief Captain who was from SA told SMNC that he was not going and booked off. I fully realize that we do not have a union here but when you leave DXB already into discretion that is no way to get the rightful 4 pilots on the trip. Plus you are not suppose to use discretion leaving your home base. So these Canadians were on duty for over 18 hours. Clearly that is unacceptable and I am sure that you will agree with me on this one.
Just because you make more money here does not mean you should be treated bably or accept such behaviour. Otherwise you are just a highly paid prostitute. The money is good (better that at home) so I will put up with said treatment. That just does not fly.
With regards to the bond the company is not going to sue you over the amount when they know it is questionable to begin with. A training bond is nothing more than an acknowledgement from the company that they are not paying what the industry does and they are going to use some artificial means to keep you were you are. Leave and let them sue you.