PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS START UP
Thread: QANTAS START UP
View Single Post
Old 19th Dec 2001, 11:55
Meatro227

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

Borg, it's an interesting line that you push and would be great in the real world. However, the facts are these. The level playing field you desire with regard to 76 pay in Australia would only happen if people could see the main recruitment system within QF working for them. I agree 100% that the ideal way would be to have everyone into the mainline QF system and seconded across to AA. However, the system doesn't work this way. There are currently a large, (LARGE!) number of 767,744,738 rated guys in the hold from this neck of the woods that have been waiting patiently for their turn for over a year now. They have all completed everything. Medical, sims,and ref. checks. Why haven't these blokes been given start dates? I hear the argument of some that perhaps they aren't at the top of the pile, but this doesn't mix because you cant say that 4 blokes from the same operator can all miss out. Nah, something more sinister here. In the mean time all of us continue to wait and see. So, to argue the line about using mainline to get in, is flawed because the way they conduct the intakes are flawed in some respect. I remain pessimistic of anything coming in from QF for those of us in this boat. yep it would be great, but your recruiters don't do it that way. Maybe the AA boat is what they have lined up for all?