PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS START UP
Thread: QANTAS START UP
View Single Post
Old 19th Dec 2001, 10:32
Sly'n Smiley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fish

Mate, never before have I witnessed such a "Let them eat cake" attitude 'Borg, If you can get me a job as a QF S/O, I would be most grateful. I would certainly enjoy being offered a second chance at a career with an excellent company such as QF. However, you most certainly have a nerve to suggest that I am an "opportunist" if I were to be offered and accept a position at AA, if indeed such circumstance were to eventuate. In the event that it does, IT IS NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS WHAT SALARY AND CONDITIONS I CHOOSE TO ACCEPT OR REJECT. Understand?? My current salary at present is $12.97 ph., plus some loadings. Yet I do this work cheerfully because it puts bread on the table for my kids to eat. Hell, I even enjoy it because of the people I work with. However even flying a C210 would be a step up for me and many, many others at the moment. This is part of the law of supply and demand. Competition. Get it? You are way out of line to suggest that I have a 'Stuff you..' attitude. With no flying job and breadline income, I am a long way from being 'all right'. Why should I, or others, deny ourseves income or a career path simply because it makes you feel comfortable? In any event, your umbridge is misplaced, your anger should be focused at your company IF AND WHEN they offer employment outside of mainline QF. Somthing which has not occured yet and may not even eventuate. Do not castigate others because they seek to break free from most unfortunate circumstance.

[ 19 December 2001: Message edited by: Sly'n Smiley ]