PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - "Leaving" or "Left" Altitudes (ATC'ers pls)
Old 26th Sep 2005, 09:01
Chimbu chuckles

Grandpa Aerotart

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Clarry...was justing chatting about this very thing last week over multitudinous rums with a good mate...who happens to be No 2 man in C&Ting on the 717s...he been verry busy training all our NJS chums in fact.

The classic is "XYX call departures now 124.7"....Call departures now 124.7 XYZ" arrrrggghhhh

One part of clearance delivery/readback practice in Australia that is a little bemusing is the long winded departure clearances which include SID, subsequent tracking, an altitude and transponder code.

In the UK, ME etc there is a altitude restriction on the SID...6000' on the Dover 5F at LHR for instance...so when you call London Clearance delivery the just respond with "Cleared destination via Dover 5 fox, squawk 2576"..."Dover 5 foxtrot, 2576 XYZ". Clearance above 6000, traffic permitting, will only happen after contacting departures in the later stages of the noise abate procedure. They also have this strange thing about calling "Fully ready" which bemused me until I heard last week some dill with a heavy accent asking for pushback...and then the aircraft on the next aerobridge pipes up with "He doesn't have a tug and we do so can we push back?" ".......ah..heavily accented dill do you have a tug...are you fully ready for push?" "....er...london ground heavil accented dill...no...we'd like to hold position until we get a tug"

So ATC can we have simpliied departure clearances like that in SY? It works in busy places.