PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Security going to far?
View Single Post
Old 25th Sep 2005, 19:26
Desert Whine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We all assume the crew get around with a high level of team spirit...BUTT... this is not always the case.

As Mr. Ree pointed out on the "Sacked CCMs" thread, a lot of the time the crew have anything butt a team spirit, at least as far as the pilots are concerned, which can be a major bummer. These crew will never be seen out enjoying a cold heiny with the pilots. Instead they stay down the rear or near L2 all the time.

Sadly, the first thing we might hear from one of the crew after a long BKK/SYD or couple of 14hr sectors to MEL is,

"Captain, help, this guy wants to look inside my ASS!! Do something, we're a team, remember???"

My suggestion in this case would be to ring your CCM (if you still have one) and ask to discuss it at a future date. I'm too tired having just flown an approach one dot high on the vasis and can't be arsed...

As for me, having read all the above, my new policy is never to jettison the long-haul-log until I get home so as to maximise the effect if they try that **** on me. In fact I can't wait!

Butt seriously... it will be a test of my character and an indication of what living here has done to me the day they pull asside one of my crew for an anal probe. Especially if it's some snooty leb who never said a word to us for 10 sectors. I like to think I'll do the right thing. Maybe I will even if only out of a sense of personal outrage because the team spirit sure ain't there most of the time.

To all the cabin crew reading this thread, there's a damn good reason to make an effort to visit the cockpit. As if you needed one at all.