PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mil/Civ Operations
View Single Post
Old 25th Sep 2005, 19:20
flower

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whowhenwhy,
pre-notes are in the standard format that are used throughout civil ATC, however this style of pre-note is also used by Military units who also it would seem have absolutely no issue with them, I can think for example that we use the same style with St Athan, Yeovilton, St Mawgen , Lyneham and Brize.
DX, DY, DG and DL seem very familiar with this style of handover and generally speaking all that happens is a squawk and frequency are issued and traffic is always handed clean or the appropriate traffic information passed dependant of type of service.

Of course at our unit we are so familiar with the Military way of doing things that perhaps we have just got very quick at it, but I do feel that since London Military has become Swanwick Military that a greater deal of flexibility has appeared. bearing in mind it should be exactly the same ATCOs I am not entirely sure of this.

There are still some issues that I find as i have already said frustrating, but some of the " we know best" attitude that pervades both sides of this argument I do find rather tiresome.
For all our sakes , either we try to get a standard approach to everything , don't think that will necessarily work, or we just try to get to visit our Civil or military colleagues and gain an understanding of how each other works. I suspect the Military ATCOs are equally bothered by a lack of funds that we Civil ATCOs are regarding liaison visits.