PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PNG Ples Bilong Tok Tok
View Single Post
Old 25th Sep 2005, 19:13
Alistair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lookim yu Pinky,

I think a certain North Coast owner (or 2) might have got pretty close to the alternate ANO 28. Looking at high 6's list there is a pretty good chance! You don't actually say which one you had a partial in, by the way, or was it both

By the time most blokes finished at North Coast you had at least a partial in the official one, and i think if you went to Pop. for any length of time you ended up with the full monty. It was certainly an asset when it came to getting a job with the twotter operators. Didn't provide you with any immunity to cumulo granitus or help you find your way around the Sepik though, just meant you had enough sense not to kill yourself around the NC haunts.

Sexual Chocolate, did you get a ride with NC around the Kabwum valley or down to the west ports around Kanabea and Howabango? The old self preservation gene kicked in pretty well and you got real good at knowing where you were. I can still remember my way around all those places now and i haven't been there for years. Worst feeling you can ever have in PNG is not being sure You usually only had the chance to do it once. Still laugh at doing upside down circuits into Kanabea, f..k knows why we tried so hard for a load of tinpis na rice, did it once and a twotter called rolling when i was wedged into the valley on a tight base with only 1 set of end cones to look at, never saw him, spoke to him after and he said he only called rolling cause he was training! Ya gotta laugh.