PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aus Expats - would you go home (with poll)
Old 25th Sep 2005, 16:00
AirNoServicesAustralia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Come on DD, you seriously consider HATCO senior management???? Prior to Jason they had Adrian Dumass in the job. The man that said we didn't need to worry about procedural tolerances when deciding how wide the E corridor to Mildura had to be, because " the aircraft is where they say they are". Hmmm.

But on loyalty DD, I did 7 years and left not out of a lack of loyalty, but a lack of opportunities. The same old brown noses got the project jobs, and the rest of us were left to rot on quiet to medium traffic level area sectors for the rest of our natural life. You could only hope that after about 15 years service you get a pissant promotion to team leader where you ... well what do you do??!!

Deep down though I know I will go back to Australia some day, and I would like to keep doing the job I love, but instead of being penalised as a "splitter", I would hope I may be rewarded for the added knowledge and experience I have got, by getting off my arse and trying to improve myself as a controller. But also deep down I know that the jealousy from the same guys that have told me "yeh..I'd like to go overseas to work but... but.... but...." will prevail, and the guys coming back will be disadvantaged.