PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easy TRSS and career progression
View Single Post
Old 25th Sep 2005, 13:40
Norman Stanley Fletcher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
max 767 - you can draw your own conclusions about why with 2000+ hours on the Airbus you failed to get 'top' jobs like BA and Virgin. I would start looking at being able to write good English and then learning some manners. Having those hours only gets you to the starting block - you then have to prove you are the sort of guy they want. If your posts are anything to go by then you probably lost out at that point.

Regarding TRSS, there was no one with a gun at your head. Those that took it did so simply because it was the best deal available at the time. If you had had a better offer, presumably you would have taken it. I have considerable sympathy for you in that you have had to sign up to something that has the air of a rip-off. Partly to combat the likes of Ryanair, easyJet has adopted these schemes and the simple reality is that as long as there are people who will sign up to it, there will be no change. My own feeling is that for the foreseeable future there will be people willing to sign up and that means TRSS is here to stay.

Despite the negative and ill-informed talk of the likes of max 767, I personally know of several First Officers who are voting with their feet and leaving easyJet for greener pastures. Among companies they are looking at going to are some big names like BA, Virgin, Etihad, Emirates, Royal Brunei, Cathay Pacific. I would suggest that if you can leave to companies like that then your time at easyJet has been well spent.

Best of luck to all those that leave.