PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Monarch Crisis
Thread: Monarch Crisis
View Single Post
Old 25th Sep 2005, 13:06
Jetdriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks slamitin,

I thought my perception of the level as disquiet as"significant" was reasonably balanced, but the use of the term "shafted" adds an alternative descriptive. The final salary pension is of little concern to the new joiners or recent joiners as they ( as you have already pointed out) don't have it as part of their terms and conditions. I am slightly confused as to your perception of how an individual who signs to a set of terms and conditions is being "shafted" when those terms and conditions are being honoured in full, but perhaps that is not really your point ?

The pension scheme is a point of contention to its existing members, but I am not sure what suggestions (within the current and forthcoming statutory requirements ) you are proffering as an alternative to the proposed damage repair ? If you have any then why not put them on the private forum ? The observation in answer to the posters question was based on the situation as it really exists within the company. Of course if I return next week only to be met hoards of pilots consumed by this overboiled unsavouryness I will instantly place a correction on this thread.