PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - jaa medical, does it test for marjuana?
View Single Post
Old 25th Sep 2005, 12:54
VC10 Rib22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You "forgot" just days before the medical? Please tell me this a wind-up.....please.

I would suggest another career, I'm afraid, as I fear that with your current attitude you will be making the most expensive mistake of your life. To enter into this industry you accept your passengers' inalienable right to having competent and professional pilots up front, and not the kind who indulge in narcotics that have been medically linked to psychosis and other mental health problems. In addition to annual JAR medicals, many airlines are choosing to undertake their own, more rigorous drug testing of pilots as they are aware of its shortcomings (just as Chelsea football club were aware of the shortcomings of the F.A.'s drug testing policy, with their resulting high profile positive testing of one of their players for cocaine abuse), and the number will increase annually, such is the potential for disaster whenever drugs are involved.

You are no different to all the trainee pilots out there who are only one police stop away (the morning after the night before) from losing their career. Make a choice - you either want this career and accept the professional behaviour that must accompany it, or carry on with your waccy-baccy in a career where it is acceptable.....maybe you could become Kate Moss' p.a.?

VC10 Rib22