PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - An Honest & Uncensored Debate About Jet2
View Single Post
Old 25th Sep 2005, 11:00
Pulp Fiction

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

As I work at HQ Jet2 in Bournemouth please tell me Pulp how you could have been bullied by 6 or 7 attractive ladies? Has one got a bit of a problem being told what to do by women?????
Well, S. Loadie, you possibly know full well that I am not referring to the lovely girls who work in Ops & Crewing. They are one of the few saving graces of Channex: they put up with quite a lot of crap & are very definitely understaffed, undervalued & underpaid by the company. All credit to them for constantly firefighting without even so much as a hose!

However, you cannot help but to walk through the doors at Channex & realise that the management team know only one style & that is to do things their way or not at all. The aircrew manager is a puppet who is so scared of losing his job that he just will not stick up for his crew: he is nothing more than a listening post. There are pilots who literally foul their trousers every time that PM walks into the crew room but have a lot to say when he is not around, some of it quite sensible & logical, they just daren't approach the man, or if they do it's to crawl up to him: "the answer is yes, P, now what's the question?"

Forgive me S.L. but you possibly don't fly, if you did you'd know that the cockpit gradient is totally wrong with this company. If you are a captain then you are regarded as part of the management team with all that that entails, if you are an FO then you are 'just' a member of staff. The problem with this is that your opinion is simply not regarded, you are good to simply fill in the paperwork. Had Channex listed to at least three FOs about a certain captain &, in fairness, listended to a very senior captain who took up their case, then we would very possibly not have witnessed the scenes on a Greek moutainside last month.

When you come to leave Channex then the bullying continues, examples: 1/ on first request for the return of your uniform; if you don't hand your uniform back we'll report you to the security services. 2/ if you don't work your four month notice period, that's right folkes, FOUR MONTH NOTICE PERIOD, then we'll charge you for every day that you are short by an extortionate amount. 3/ if you leave us within one year of joining then we'll charge you £5,000 even if you were 737 type rated & even if you leave on day 364.

Things need to change on the Jet2 side of things. Costs are being cut in all of the wrong places but the main change needs to be in attitudes from the management. You don't need to treat the staff who may disagree with you like ****, or the staff who simply want to leave the company like ****! It doesn't have to be like this.