PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways DEP Selection - THE lowdown Part 1
Old 25th Sep 2005, 10:37
wobble2plank

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Have to concur with what Mr Ripley said, this has been posted before but it's good to go over it again,

The Sim Assessor stated a couple of times that the ability to pass a 'rigourous type rating programme in a short time' was the the aim of the sim check. He also stated that 'anything read on Pprune should be ignored as they review the sim assessment regularly'. I found the stuff here of excellent value though.

Standard trip, one volunteers for whichever seat and the first slot. 15 Min famil with climbs, turns, descents and ILS. Then 'off you jolly well go my boy'.

The blow by blow account has already been covered but, from what I can gather, instrument scan rate is essential! The BAC1-11, being an oldie, has analog instruments and is very lively in pitch. A rapid T scan is required if the deviations are to be picked up rapidly enough to prevent busting the minimas. I know for certain that this has been the downfall for some experienced Airbus peeps. Aside from that Mr Ripley has already alluded to the best preperation, relax as much as you can and a bit of friendly cockpit chat with your fellow sufferer always helps.

Good luck