PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mil/Civ Operations
View Single Post
Old 24th Sep 2005, 17:23
whowhenwhy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Toadpool, I'm sorry but if that was the coordination phraseology that you use and it was transcripted and presented to the UKAB in the event that an ac under your or the other unit's control broke that coordination, then you wouldn't have a leg to stand on as you have not agreed to anything. As Rej said, the mil controller needed coordination and was right to pusue the matter with you. I cannot believe that JSP552 and MATS Pt 1 differ to the extent that coordination was not required under the terms of MATS Pt 1. While what you are saying is very common-sensical, it's not right at the moment. It would be interesting to hear from some of the guys at Norwich who deal with this situation on a daily basis. As I've said before, the problem is one of interpretation. You only have to look at the differences in application of RAS between mil and civ to see that.

As Rej and Yellow plane have said, what we need is a single document MATS Pt 552(?) which does not leave items open to interpretation.

The silent handovers that you mentioned are, in military terms, written agreements in which a series of terms have to be met for the silent handover to take place. One of these is a pre-note. I'm guessing that when you do these silent handovers between your local units that you do a pre-note first? Otherwise it's just a free-call. If you've got the time to do a pre-note, then you have time to do a radar handover: there is very little difference in the time taken! Besides, they don't take that long if you follow the format...