PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NPPL & Aerobatic lessons
View Single Post
Old 24th Sep 2005, 15:06
J.A.F.O.

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
ItalianJon

Just a small point;

the NPPL will suffice until you can afford to upgrade
I don't necessarily see it as a cheap option until you can afford better, for many it is simply the better option. I think it'll be some time before many see it that way and there will be those who never will but if it covers all that you want to do then it is all you need.

BigCheese

I did a Flying Scholarship in 1986 and hadn't flown as P1 since the early nineties so I was in a similar (if not worse) position when I looked at getting back into flying a couple of years ago. I went for the NPPL as I didn't need anything else and I haven't changed my mind, yet. I suppose I did about a dozen hours or so and was amazed at how much I remembered. Like Jon I chose the club that said, "come down, we'll see what you can remember and take it from there."

I'm now thoroughly enjoying the privileges of my licence and that's not just a legal term; they really are privileges.

Next year, hopefully, is the SLMG for cheap bimbling; a tailwheel conversion, for interesting bimbling and maybe, just maybe, a taster of aeros, just to see how I feel about them now that I am older and, if not wiser then, more aware of my own mortality.

The best of luck and remember, the NPPL isn't a second class licence - it's first class for those that it suits.

JAFO