PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas info
Thread: Qantas info
View Single Post
Old 22nd Mar 2001, 04:42
Ace McCool

Wink

Every interview will be different because the final interview is based on your psych results. If you thought you bullshat your psych test because you got invited back for the final interview...you are mistaken. Trick is to answer the psych test honestly and do the same in the final interview. The day I did the psych test their were probably 6 or so others doing it...you are told it is untimed - great, it took me less than 20 mins because I didn't have to think about it. After I finished I had a half hour break and a short 30 min interview and a 20 min chat with the recruitment secretary. No-one else in the test room looked even close to finishing. I got invited back for the sim ride and interview the next day (which I rolled for a week) and havent looked back. Those other guys are probably still doing their psych test! Point is, QF are after people who can analyse a situation quickly and accurately. By answering the psych test honestly, they already know who they have in front of them at the interview...when a different person shows up compared to the test results, that person is history.

I didn't find the interview to be a character assassination at all, but I had no preconceived ideas because everyone I knew had gone through the old system. The thing that did surprise me was that I wasn't asked any tech questions (just a few AIP). I wasn't asked geography or polital stuff and only about 2 questions from the above list look familiar. I guess my maths results were on the average side because I did receive random 17x18=xx type questions, but again nothing aviation related.

I dunno if that bit about 'everyone who does the sim ride gets a final interview regardless of how they went' is true. Now that I know several of the interviewers they reckon its great when they're rostered to come and do a day's interviewing (4 of) and they get the call to have the day off because all 4 had perished in the sim.

[This message has been edited by Ace McCool (edited 22 March 2001).]