PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flyglobespan 767
View Single Post
Old 24th Sep 2005, 13:55
SandLat650

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm sure when the conditions are right Mr Dalrymple will launch long haul flights from Glasgow. It might not be when the appropriate aircraft enters service, but then again it might. Rest assured it will happen sooner or later but only when it is considered a good bet so to do.

I'm sure Mr Dalrymple is quite capable of looking after his business and deciding whether it's best to feed STN from GLA or GLA from STN. He is after all a very succesful business man while the rest of us sit around pontificating on how he should do things.

Launching a long haul operation is totally different from starting a short haul service to PRG or PFO. The costs alone make treading very carefully an absolute must. History is littered with dozens of "start ups" that have had big plans but not had the sense to take things one step at a time. Ask yourself this. If there's such a market there now, why haven't numerous carriers filled GLA with aeroplanes jetting off across the pond? Yes there probably is a market, but is it big enough to sustain one or 2 767's being based there permenantly? Time will tell.

If Globespan survive and 767's arrive, I'm sure "as God made little green apples" that sooner or later you'll see them in red heading off west.