PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Monarch Crisis
Thread: Monarch Crisis
View Single Post
Old 24th Sep 2005, 12:29
Jetdriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hmmm.......

Well I am sitting on a tropical beach at the moment, so I can't pretend to have my finger on the pulse, but.......

When I left home last week :

The company was recruiting a number of new First officers for its planned expansion this winter.

The company was planning a number of new commands for same expansion and natural growth.

I didn't see too many people sulking about the improvement to some of the career progression.

It is true that the company are seeking to address the shortfall in the pension funding by increasing the contributions from the members. Nobody is particularly happy at having to pay significant increases for the same benefits but there is no radical shakeup to those benefits. There are options for members who do not wish to subscribe either fully partially or at all. Many large companies in the UK have also had to address the same problem and the problem is not unique. It is true that there is significant disquiet on this issue, but as far as I am aware it is being discussed without the excitement you suggest ?

If I find any of the unhappy bunch who are subject to the big shake up and who are going on strike I will ask them to let you know.