PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pegasus 737 rating on a JAA licence.
View Single Post
Old 24th Sep 2005, 11:07
Aerowinx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

Hi folks,
please be careful with Pegasus Airlines and better keep your hands off! Here what I experienced with them: They gave me the option to pay for the rating and offered me a job for one year. I was asking the same questions that you are asking now. They told me that they are JAA member since 3 months and so it will be no problem to put the rating on my licence. (By the way: If you have a national licence this should also be no problem, because your licence will be converted into a JAR licence after completing a rating according FAR25 or if you got >500h on multicrew a/c, see JAR-FCL 1 ) I got all the relevant contracts and send them signed back to Turkey. I was very pleased for my upcoming first job! Afterwards I got a mail that they have to check all with their CAA. And since then has been a total silence for 6 weeks. All my emails remained unanswered but suddenly I got a message that they have problems with my licence??? Whatever the problem was, no one could neither explain nor help me in searching for a solution. It got even worse. I received a few weeks later an email again with much more dubious statements and that I am now out of the program. So I tried to find a way to save the day but I got no answer again... In my humble opinion this company seems to be very suspect and unreliable. Look, even the contract is written in a way that they could fire you everytime without any reason! What if their personnel demand falls and they don't require you any more? Please be aware of all that aspects and inform yourself good before you also see your dreams bursting!

Last edited by Aerowinx; 24th Sep 2005 at 16:03.