PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UASs CUT
Thread: UASs CUT
View Single Post
Old 24th Sep 2005, 10:32
Rahboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Like many, I was following the UAS situtation with trepidation. I'm (reasonably) recently ex-UAS and didn't find the currency issue a major problem. In fact I was told that this was taken into account at streaming boards - was that not the case, Large Dave?

When I heard the expected decision had been made a few days ago, my initial reaction was similar to that of Beagle's - another ill-informed decision from higher echelons that would have short term benefits but long-term disadvantages. However, having read some of the comments regarding recruiting, I suspect (and hope) that my fears may have been unfounded. If the posted syllabus is accurate, then it will still give a good grounding for the UAS guys and girls when they go to JEFTS; if the 30 hours can be supplemented due to another's lack of interest, all the better.

All in all, if the interest at freshers' fairs keeps up (and if not, I', ready to be shot down), there is a chance that the UASs can benefit from these changes, as painful as it is for me to say so.

One quick question - are the 10 hours a year available to any member? If so, surely there must be some medicial before sending people solo?

Regards,
The premier squadron to fly from Wyton