PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easy TRSS and career progression
View Single Post
Old 24th Sep 2005, 09:54
Doug the Head

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whatever people say about TRSS and i presume you mean EZY trss, the training is excellent.
Oh please, stop it! All this ´excellent training´ and ´second to none training´ nonsense is nausiating! It´s just a lot of ex-BA and ex-RAF folks slapping each other on the back, thinking that the British way to fly an airplane is way is the ONLY way.

All in all, it´s definitely not bad training, but certainly not "excellent" either! Most of it is good old fashioned D.I.Y. (Do It Yourself) which depends on the individual and not on the training institute or airline.

As prob30 said, TRSS = paying for your own type rating, no matter what the Orange ´Ministry of Truth´ wants you to believe.

My recommendations:

1) don´t immediately rule out Ryanair. I heard they are considering a much improved days on/days off plan and, correct me if I´m wrong, the type is about 6000 Pounds cheaper while pay is better.
2) If you´re gonna go for EZY, tell em you want the AIRBUS RATING, then fly those magic 1000 hours jet and move on to BA or Virgin if you get the chance.