PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Possible Nationwide Strike
View Single Post
Old 24th Sep 2005, 09:32
yogibear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
....fluffy did you actually read the post by VTS ?????

There have been no cancelled flights, I have been told that more than 100% of the cabin crew reported for duty (they had to ask some to go home)....I have also been told that the total sum of employees that have been on strike since yesterday has been 20...all the flights are fully booked and as per VTS's post CE actually put on an extra flight........so in fact this strike has been a bit of a damp squid.....egg in the face of the union..!!!!!

I say good on the staff and employees for not giving into the union...seems all unions want to do is cause all sorts of s t and try and destroy an already fragile industry.....

Ok..ok...no more handbags....

Despite the salaries etc....it seems that CE has once again shown the guts and determination in the face of a 'union' organised strike...(and I use the word union very loosely when it comes to Solidarity)....that has made it what it is today.....a good airline !!!!!

Yes I may be biased but in any industry, despite whatever management does or offers and despite economic conditions, unions will always try and rip an ostrich out of a chickens backside !!!!!!......I dont like unions

Last edited by yogibear; 24th Sep 2005 at 09:42.