PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JetBlue A320 landing at LAX
View Single Post
Old 24th Sep 2005, 09:07
vapilot2004

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
apologies sabenaboy, didn't mean to completely upset your sensibliities !

I admit, my OR should have been an AND . LGCIU AND BSCU/LGCIU. Imagine that - a human mistake typing logic functions.

Despite my mistype, please absorb my observance of the 'Airbus programmatic response and limitations' to/of our pilots in the cockpit.

This is a little discussed tenet of Airbus design - don't trust the pilots ! On balance,with worldwide airline cockpit staffing fully considered, the concept is very well intended - I am not entirely knocking the idea. Just need to work out some logic trees now and again to get things moving right, you know - and mostly it all seems to work very well !

And as far as stupid comments go my good gentleman, the 'I'm afraid I can't do that Dave' comment stands nonetheless. I have access to operations and maintenance data on these aircraft. Do I need to quote from the book ?

best regards and again, no offense intended - my missive was directed to inform and (or should that have been an OR) enlighten. And this flight's ending as have 7 like ones were without death or serious injury - for that we can all agree - is good, very good.

Last edited by vapilot2004; 24th Sep 2005 at 09:48.