PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways DEP Selection - THE lowdown Part 1
Old 24th Sep 2005, 07:48
P-T-Gamekeeper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just a couple of updates on DEP recruitment, as of 2 weeks ago.

1. There is plenty of parking at Cranebank in the multi-storey car park, but allow time for M25/M4 traffic. I wouldn't drive unless you are fairly local, as it is an early start, and the stress of sitting in a traffic jam just isn't worth it.

2. We were told there are 45 places left for this FY (courses from Jan-Mar) and 80 places for next FY. After that is uncertain, due to retirement age uncertainty.

3. Localisers comments are still spot on. I found the day well organised by pleasant people, who tried very hard to put you at ease.

4. You are allowed to go to the canteen to get sandwiches, and then there is an informal chat with some fleet pilots. They stress it is NOT assessed, and our session was quite open and frank, from both sides.

5. You will only hear by phone that evening if you have a sim slot the next day. I had the call 2 days later. I have friends who received the call up to 2 1/2 weeks later.

All things considered, it was an enjoyable(?) and fair assessment day. If you do your research and prepare yourself, there are plenty of jobs to go round

P.S Mods, is this the right forum for DEP selection, as by necessity we are all experienced job hunters?