PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UASs CUT
Thread: UASs CUT
View Single Post
Old 24th Sep 2005, 07:22
Large Dave

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ooh sorry for my late reply, I've been busy beating off very high calibre people wanting to join the UAS with a big stick (crikey) and they still keep coming. I even booked some interviews for a couple of URNU guys who have seen the light but couldn't join last year due med.
Officer Development doesn't mean pinepoles. The new IOT doesn't even get the pinepoles out AFAIK. They're not cool anymore.
What is cool, however, is going Ski-ing, canoeing or whatever AT-ing for cock-all personal contribution, getting CILOR and getting top-notch instruction. This is what is meant by Officer Development.
Example, some of the guys have just come back from a bit of a walk and canoe in the Black Mountains area (Lord Hereford's Knob and all that). Yes, there was an element of damp tents and Rat-packs about it, but they all had a right old laugh getting through it and learnt a load about themselves. And in this increasingly expeditious Air Force, that's just the sort of stuff I believe we need and we’ll be seeing more of it under the New Regime. Hurruh.

Dave