PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK CCM's Fired
Thread: EK CCM's Fired
View Single Post
Old 24th Sep 2005, 05:57
SandIgger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cheese Richard,

Not much support for you here and it's not hard to see why.

Looking for back-up in the pilots' forums and then attacking the respondents is not the smartest tactic I've ever heard of. With that level of awareness you might want to lay low for a while in case your head is the next to roll at EK. I think their idea is to sack morons.

I imagine most if not all of the pilots here have little idea on the identity of most or all of the sets of initials posted.

At the end of the day, whilst most of us would like to see the company do well and whilst most of us apply personal standards of unassailable professionalism out of pride and self-respect and airmanship and a sense of "rightness" about the job, etc etc etc, at the end of the day the success or otherwise of the company is largely out of our hands.

Short of a catastrophe far beyond a single hull-loss/massive loss of life, the airline will never fold and we will still be paid. If management persist in decisions which lessen the effectiveness of the operation, we just have to shake our heads and get on with it, operating as professionally as we can and keeping up with the changes in policy as they appear.

Suggest you do the same. Or else resign in sympathy and in keeping with your principles.

Are you going to resign?

As for 1400 resignations, the upside is, the rest of the Third World has no shortage of applicants for the job, many of whom even speak a little English and will do whatever they're told for as many duty hours as they have to.