PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - B737 Classics.....Wx Radar Techniques
View Single Post
Old 24th Sep 2005, 03:35
Young_Turk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear Openfly (and other "Capt. Knowitalls")

Yes i have been a First Officer (as if you havent ever been one) and yes i am being upgraded to P1 right now.

But i must inform that if PPrune does stick around for some years ahead, you might still find me joining and sparking off discussions in the coming years as well, even though i may be flying (who knows) a check pilot. Im sure a lot of the guys in these forums are Senior Flyers.

Dear Openfly, As a Young Professional Airline pilot, being an avid reader of Aviation Psychology, i would suggest to you books like The Naked Pilot (by David Beaty) and Emergency : Crisis on the Flight deck (By Stanley Stewart). You would be surprised to see how the "I am a captain...i know it all" attitude has caused so many mishaps in the past.

Atleast i wouldnt wanna end up with my name in these books as classic Macho Ego Examples........so i do my bit everyday to read up on something i may have read up already.....just keeping my learning curve pointing up......and pprune helps me in this endevour of mine.

happy landings.

p.s. thanks to haughtney1 for the rebuke.