PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Good Shooting
Thread: Good Shooting
View Single Post
Old 24th Sep 2005, 02:54
chopperpug

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Donkeys.......

Have just got back from using our 44 (and a good old astro at that) shooting donkeys and brumbys out of Gregory National park (North West NT). Main Parks shooter is Pat Karmody...best shot i have ever seen. The man has a 1% miss rate, puts three in each beast to make sure, and it looks like it was only shot with one most of the time.... Was gone for 9 days, shot 7000 donkeys and 3000 brumbys, in 50 hours of flying. Also using a 22 with a second shooter, and brought in a third 22 for one day to help clean up a big mob. Still many a drum of avgas out in that scrub. I look forward to the day when i evenutally get to use a bowser...., and maybe sleep somewhere other than the ground Also glad they have a sock on the gun to catch spent shells. Have had a shell down the shirt before...and I'm not that keen to try that one again..... shooter thought the blades were falling off the way we were going.... Temp was about 37-39 degrees everyday, good strong winds too. why don't they want to run into wind???