PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aus Expats - would you go home (with poll)
Old 5th Sep 2005, 10:33
Tweety

airnoservices

I agree with you totally, it is a no brainer. I know guys who have spent time in ME and/or Canada, Europe and elsewhere and have experience way beyond that of most Oz ATC's and that is probably a frightening thought for the less than able management types.

However, as in the serco thread, the ASA management are really no different to the Serco lot are they. All they are worried about is the size of their bonuses, and usually it is the staff that carry the can for this. remember ASA's catchcry "AFFORDABLE SAFETY" hire them young because they are cheaper (easier to make budget and get bigger bonus) and less likely to cause problems to management, and when they get older and wiser find a way to p.ss them off.

They all must have gone through the same X-ray machine, makes you wonder doesn't.

reality is that neither will ever get it until there is a big midair and then the sh.t will really hit the fan, remember CG disaster....one has never seen radar installed so fast and staff procured out of nowhere.

till next time