PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aus Expats - would you go home (with poll)
Old 23rd Sep 2005, 09:47
piniped

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

I tend to agree with PPrune Radar on this issue.

As one with an interest in the state of play, I remember how p!ssed off I was that guys that had made use of the training that AsA had provided, bu66ered off overseas then came back ahead of us all that had stayed behind.

There are several guys that did recently go back, one was from UAE, you should all know him and he was given Oceanic I think.

Now he had also done radar in Oz before leaving and all the UAE redar stuff too, but he wasn\'t unrealistic enough to moan about where he was put. I mean, the company are under no obligation to reemply you.
If they have a shortage on TOPS or Ocean and you want a job, the choice is pretty clear.

Are you sure that you are not teenagers? Seem to want the cake and to eat it to!
Adults learn that you can\'t always get what you want immediatley, remember that there is always a Team Leaders (or whatever they are called these days) job going and that WILL take into account you overseas experience. All you have to do is wait til you are entitled to apply.

For those that think I am a management troll...think again, I did the old Perth sectors, then TOPS, then other spots, now in the sandpit.

I just don\'t have the "they owe me a living" ideology.

ps you guys aren\'t the same crowd that insisted that the company pays your tertiary fees are you?
If you are that would explain a lot