PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aus Expats - would you go home (with poll)
Old 23rd Sep 2005, 10:41
ferris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well no big boards anymore in Oz. It's all TAAATS, and that's a whole new ball game
Gee, thanks for that. ANSA worked TAAATS, as well. You don't think anyone else in the world has TAAATS-like equipment?

There does seem to be some very big chips on shoulders, here. I, for one, certainly don't think that I'm "owed" anything by AsA.
but he wasn\'t unrealistic enough to moan about where he was put
I don't think anyone is moaning about where they are put. Just that AsA are telling anyone looking for a job that there are no vacancies.
Furthermore, I think ANSA's point was that once AsA does re-hire someone, it's really a "bum-on-seat" mentality if you don't tap that persons experience. They'll put ab-initio's on radar sectors, and send the experienced radar guy to TOPS. So, whilst they are certainly entitled to hire people and put them where they are short, it's not like they only hire 1 guy a year. Efficient use of resources? Not exactly an AsA strong point.
bu66ered off overseas then came back ahead of us all that had stayed behind
How exactly does a returnee "come back ahead" of you?
DP
Carpentaria is a sh!t fight at 3 am in the morning
How did we get to ATC "my dick's bigger than yours"? By telling you where ANSA had come from, I was hoping you would see that maybe some of us have been around a bit, and maybe even worked the traffic you think is so hard, before embarking on our great adventures. Maybe, if you had ventured out a bit, you might see things differently?
PP Radar
step right back in to career progression and seniority as though they had never even left
Once again, perhaps those things exist where you are. 'Modern management' doesn't recognise them. In fact, in AsA, a CV full of projects and diversity goes a lot further than 20 years of loyal service on the same console. An army of bitter old controllers will testify to that. The old rule of inverse proportion, ATC ability, and ladders.

Slagging those who left doesn't help. AsA not utilising a ready source of labour is a means of making people think twice about leaving, and hence keeping a lid on your salary. See it for what it is. If people were able to come and go more freely, more would go. If there were genuinely no jobs, fair enough. Doesn't seem to gel with what you and others are saying on other threads.