PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aus Expats - would you go home (with poll)
Old 22nd Sep 2005, 23:42
AirNoServicesAustralia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No sour grapes here.

I for one hope the guys in Oz get a good deal in the next certified agreement. Everyone leaves, or doesn't leave for different reasons. If you are happy doing what you are doing DP, good for you. I think what the guys here are getting at is, that if ASA is so short, then they should pay the returning Expat Aussies, commensurate to their experience, including that experience they have gained overseas.

At the moment, when you come back they don't seem to want to know what you have been doing overseas. They don't want to maybe gain from what we have learnt, and be better for the skills we can bring into the organisation. This isn't about a "mine's bigger than yours" argument, but the fact is, that a lot of us, have been working some very busy traffic around the world, and as such have picked up skills, that I personally would never have got sitting on the sectors I was on in Melbourne.

So as I said no sour grapes, just a bit perplexed that there is a source of controllers out there, that for the right offer, ie. the right re-entry increment, and the right sectors (I mean what sense does it make to send a guy who has just spent a couple of years vectoring his arse off into Dubai, to Brisbane Oceanic?????), would return and help ease the shortage in Oz, for a lot less money than it will cost to train guys from scratch.