PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ANTI- ANSETT.. for the press please read.
Old 2nd Oct 2001, 02:30
Clive

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Andu,

As I have said on another topic those of us who knew the individual concerned intend to keep any details private but I can assure you and others that he was indeed on your "list". So please do the aviation community a favour, cede to the request of "Woomera", and BACK OFF the subject.

TurbTool,

You are certainly living up to the second part of your moniker.

"Bloated salaries"... best not mention that concept to some of your mates at Cathay (Before you bite - IMHO I reckon they earn it!). I am currently considering 3 positions overseas all of which will pay 20 - 40% more than at Ansett - curious.

And what a good idea.... lets all use this forum to convince as many people as possible that the profession of pilot is an overpaid, underworked, and inefficient endevour. If we try hard enough we should be able to convince them that we should only be paid incomes on par with bus drivers!

"Restrictive work practices"... another interesting concept. Ansett's pilot workforce ran at around 4 - 4.5 crews per aircraft. Not too inefficient by world standards. Surely the 17 floors of management structure in Swanston St. and the 7 or 8 (I think) in Auckland had nothing to do with it.

So Ansett flew slow, and (by inference) Qantas fly fast.... which service would you rather your family was on my friend... the one that considers that comfort and safety is a priority over schedule. And the one that, due to "fat" schedules, allows the fuel savings of operating at efficient speeds and levels to be passed onto the companies bottom line. Or the one that stays at FL 260 accepting a few bumps, a noisier cabin, and a greater fuel useage because if you get there under sked you'll still get paid your rostered pay.

Please get your facts straight before going off half cocked (get it .... TurbTool... Tool.... half COCKED....oh doesn't matter).

Have to agree with you whole heartedly on your view of the media and government. And thanks for the kind words directed at those of us post 1990'ers.

Oh why, oh why do I take the bait like this.... too much time on my hands methinks!!!