PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bristow Pay Deal
View Single Post
Old 23rd Sep 2005, 20:40
Scotsheli

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Reality check?

Hi chaps,

I don’t often post but as I have several buddies at Bristows I got a bit interested in this thread. At the risk of being sent to Rockall as well I felt compelled to make a few “real world” observations on some of the comments:

“the new management culture is to continue where the last one left off, keep all the money for itself”

So Bristow’s nice new EC225’s were free then???

“The oil business is booming”…”with the oil price as high as it is, and soon to go higher again”

And the helicopter operators are raking in the extra profit as the oil company’s fall over themselves to offer higher rates to helicopter operators! NOT. Some basic market research suggests that quite the opposite might be true.

“it's not the BALPA representative that gets to spends 800 hrs a year out in the north sea”…

Wow, Bristow pilots all hit the FTL max! Second jobs all round then!

”…both North Sea pilots, who do spend 600 to 700 hours”

…ahhh, this is probably closer to the truth!

“Equal Time Roster - Bristow may occur March 2006, if roster meets five company requirements, CHC Starts 10th October 2005”

Hang on a minute - will this be all it’s cracked up to be – or will the company feel obliged to call you at all hours during your duty time? Probably OK if you’re working in the back of beyond but if you are at home I suggest that you might like to keep that diary totally clear during duty time...and don’t stray too far from the phone!

“The guys based on the 40's do 14 days on 14 days off and a few of them live in sunny Spain.”

If I was wavering before now I’m right behind your case for an increased pay offer!

“I'm with you brother, let's break out the oil drums and form that picket line!”

…and watch those messages of support for your cause pour in from the oil company’s; “no problem boys & girls, you just let us know when it’s all settled and we’ll fit our crew changes in around you…in the meantime we’ve got some contracts to cancel…”

Surely we aren’t really this divorced from the real world, are we?

Anyway, got to go and pack now. Will I need sunblock on Rockall at this time of year!