PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UASs CUT
Thread: UASs CUT
View Single Post
Old 23rd Sep 2005, 19:16
cockanelli

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Its been a couple of years since I've logged in to this site as I get bored enough with all the bitching at work. It's nice to see the same uninformed people spouting b*******, (BEagle).

I am in the middle of the changes at the moment and for the actual students, it will be a much better deal.

1. They are not limited to 10 hrs/yr. That is just how the hrs are calculated for the sqn. There should be enough people who try it once and get sick or just don't want to fly for the ones who do to fill their boots. Its for everyone as well.

2. They don't have to stick to a set in stone syllabus. If they want to do aeros, they can do them. If they want to get a PPL accreditation, they can do that. If they want to have a look at LL nav then they can do that. It is much more flexible for them.

3. There is no pressure for them to complete difficult coursework and then have to do a whole nights work to remember how to start the thing and then get bollocked for forgetting to set 1013.

4. They get loads more AT. For everyone.

I am a product of EFT on the UAS's and I coped but I would have far rather done it in 1 go in 4 months to get the continuity.

I await the wrath of the old timers. He he