PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sick of it!!!!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 23rd Sep 2005, 09:22
fireflybob

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Guys I know how you feel but just hang on in there!

I have 14,000 hrs, 9,000 on jet, B 737 and A320 - ten years training 2,000 sim instruction. Not flown big shiny jets for 10 years as I had to stop following a family bereavement although I have been in continuous flying practice since instructing etc.

Can I get a job?! Sent all the cvs etc. Got thru first stage with ThomsonFly but then they stalled at the Sim as I have "only flown light aircraft recently"!! Does that mean that I have forgotten how to fly a big one?! I am now working in the Railway Industry to keep body and soul together.

Much is placed on CRM in fight crew training. One has to ask whether the hirers for airlines are making best use of resources out there who are looking for jobs!

I think ageism is rife in the airline business now - they want the bright eyed bushy tailed guys with the shiny licence so they can programme them THEIR way! Any organisation benefits from the odd wild card and the fact that you guys cannot get a job at the moment is a reflection on the industry's attitude rather than your abilities.

Dont worry - the pendulum is swinging inexorably in our direction and when it does (very soon) the airlines will be begging us to join them - you see!