PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UASs CUT
Thread: UASs CUT
View Single Post
Old 22nd Sep 2005, 21:55
idle-centralise

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So they want UAS's to concentrate on officer development. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that was what IOT was for, and that was a big enough nause when it used to be six months, never mind now that it's been extended by eight or so weeks. 4 years of IOT style $hite whilst at Uni? No thanks, I'd rather go out and enjoy myself with my mates. Going to a freshers fair and walking up to some random and asking if they want to do some "officer development"; they'll laugh in your face!

Incidentally, I don't buy all this stuff about degrees detracting massively from your performance at EFT. If you can't do a decent degree, get a reasonable grade and devote a day every two weeks to flying and most of your summer and still do well enough in the flying then you are not good enough to be in the RAF as a pilot, and the sooner someone lets you know that the better. The training only gets harder. Much harder. And in the future you won't have a couple of weeks to read up on the next stuff you are doing, you'll have a couple of hours.

I managed it, lots of my mates managed it, and we're all still in the system, which works the way it is. It's not broke...........therefore........

Would prefer to see everyone go Tucano and then get streamed though, especially with the extra capacity at Linton at the moment and the long holds.

I-C