PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - US Army Warrants
View Single Post
Old 22nd Sep 2005, 14:57
SASless

Received 519 Likes on 217 Posts
Two Ton....

Does only a Queen's Commisson rate a salute?

What is emotive about an officer suggesting he rates a salute from enlisted (Warrant, NCO, and other ranks per British definition), (NCO and enlisted per US)? Military tradition has all non-officers saluting all officers...thus no emotion involved...it is the same in our services just as it is in yours.

From your hostility....seems a cocked and unlocked Ma Deuce might not have been such a bad idea....reckon a friendly wave and Howdy Do would have worked? Somehow I think maybe there is more to that story than is being told somehow. Last time I checked we were on the same side....most of us anyway.

So now we have it....a university degree does not count....only prior service and a specialized skill or recognized ability does. Will someone repeat the definition of a US Military Warrant Officer to Two Ton for me....maybe he will accept from a different source.

But then in his view....he would not be an officer....but a Warrant Officer....or did I lose the bubble on his argument?

T an B....I too have said (having been the old fashioned kind of Warrant Officer....the kind that merely wanted to fly and not be a career enhancing staff puke) that the "commissioning" of Warrant Officers was the one of the goofiest things I had ever heard of.

Why do we have to change our terminology....the concept is simple...the US Military identifies some ranks as being officers and other ranks as not being officers. What is complicated about that?

It seems when others try to apply their own definitions it gets confusing to them....not the American Military. What was the sayings....when in Rome....salute the Centurion or something like that?