PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - US Army Warrants
View Single Post
Old 22nd Sep 2005, 12:06
SASless

Received 519 Likes on 217 Posts
Two Ton Pickle,

Lets see what you really said....

"
I think the lack of understanding is on your part; you fail to see why this is such an emotive subject."

What is emotive about another military organizations rank structure?

"You can be pretty sure that an RAF WO with 30 years service would be thoroughly pissed off at being forced by some jumped up scrote (read New WO1) to salute them after being in only 30 minutes."

So some young popinjay Subaltern (or what ever you call them straight out of whatever training school the newest and youngest junior officer attends)....does not get the same reaction from a 30 year service Warrant Officer? Or does that reaction in your mind only exist between British Warrant Officers and American Warrant officers of the grade WO-1?

Furthermore, you also do not appear to understand our rank structure; this is a two way thing and why should we brits always defer to you septics? Accept that you have not yet earned any respect and, dare I suggest, are even going downwards in many peoples estimation (including a few of your embarrased colleagues)"

As if you gain any respect or credibility by the use of words like "Septics" when referring to your fellow officers. (Assuming you are even in the military of some sort).

As to not understanding rank structure....it is plain as your most prominent upturned probiscous that it is you that understands naught about rank structure and military courtesy.

One cannot remove officer status from an officer merely because you don't like the fact he is an officer in his military and your military does not have a similar rank.

If you don't care for the Americans....maybe you can find some counseling that will help. I am sure an American Army Warrant Officer would be glad to assist you in that endeavour.

Better yet....find yerself a Marine and run your sea shanty by him....see if he has an answer you can understand.