PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 'Filthy' flight decks
View Single Post
Old 22nd Sep 2005, 07:35
Old King Coal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
During the last two days I flew upon two different aircraft in our fleet and, in each of them, the level of 'dust' (i.e. dead skin, etc) that was settled upon the surfaces of the FlightDeck was appalling !

Now I'm all for clearing up after oneself, e.g. all trash goes into a Flight Deck gash bag (which we'll also remove when the flying's completed), along with tidying lapstraps, stowing arm rests, putting Jepps away, etc, but I simply don't have the means at hand to also clean and hoover the flightdeck.

Nb. If only for my own benefit (and a for small fee ) I would be prepared - on the longer sectors - to do a bit of spring-cleaning (subject to the provision of a soft brush and a small portable hoover).

Aside - To prove what I mean, I'll take some pics on my next flight (Saturday) and post them here ( though hopefully by then d'management - which I know reads PPRuNe - will have done something about this filth ).

In any event I very much doubt that our office-bound 'team members' would put up with the same level of 'dust' & filth in their working environment.