PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATC Staff Shortage set to bite
View Single Post
Old 22nd Sep 2005, 07:18
tennis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'll go and chase down a contract to be current but from the contract previous, you got things like: work a public holiday you get paid double time and then get a day-in-lieu added to your leave. You get travel allowance, meal money etc on recalls. If you work a recall on a public holiday you get double time and a day-in-lieu. You get about 6 weeks annual leave as well as accumulating about 8 to 12 DILS a year which you can take just like leave or add to your leave but you get paid slightly less than annual leave. Generally a 4 on 2 off roster starting late in the afternoon and work through to morning shifts with doggos every 3rd or 4th cycle depending on job description. No more than 7.5 hours a shift and you rarely do that as it is.

I think they now get a sabbatical whereby numbers permitting you get approval to leave the company and work somewhere else for 3 to 5 years then come back and get you old job back at that same pay level. Stuff like that. And the relationship between staff and management although never perfect is a damn site better than what gets mentioned around other places. There has been alot of work behind the scenes after industrial action back in '95 - '96. Anyway it's not bad compared to alot from my sources. Can always be better though as we all know.