PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chieftain Turbocharger run down times
View Single Post
Old 21st Sep 2005, 22:43
morning mungrel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Centaurus does raise a few issues that I also have seen first hand. Riding brakes is common, and pointless, and quite probably detrimental if you have to do that abort. Just like any larger a/c, they were designed for one emergency stop, (and marginal at that, especially if your Chieftain has the poverty pack brakes). How many times do you see pilots taxi in with strobes, BOTH landing and taxi lights on, pitot heat on etc. No wonder the alternators can't keep up at low RPM. In 5 years I've never seen a flattened battery taxiing a Chieftain at night yet.

Jet- A, 800 degrees is correct for EGT. Haven't yet seen a Chieftain EGT gauge calibrated in celcius. Most gauges I've seen have as a minimum 800 or 900 degrees fahrenheit.

Centaurus, you are correct about the Ops Manual simply containing whatever you want these days. Having been through the process recently, they will approve pretty much whatever you want to put in there. As they say though, "Be careful what you wish for", as they WILL hang you with it later if someone F%*&S up..........