PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UASs CUT
Thread: UASs CUT
View Single Post
Old 21st Sep 2005, 22:18
durpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was wondering if someone could confirm if this announcement made earlier today means that the UAS system as we know it is now over from today or has the whole brainless idea still yet to be signed off.

The reason I ask is recently a certain group captain gave us briefing in our crew room and he told us the crossover period between the new and old systems might be immediate.

Personally as a student pilot on a UAS I cannot agree in the opinion that this is better deal for anyone, with effectively 50 minutes flying a month on the new system compared with approx. 2 and a half hours a month on the old system [excluding IA trips]. As regarding the continuity issue isn’t that why we had IA trips! And although one may argue the competitiveness of getting streamed FJ on this new system is better, it was as I saw it, the students decision, he/she could either press on, granted with periods off for academic study [although this did allow time for refection on the previous sortie], or he/she could take it easy over the 2/3 years and then compete EFT after IOT.

“We are told from the beginning that we should respect our senior officers, yet it is these officers that have made the RAF and all of our services it is today.” Lets bring back some senior officers with some backbone and brains that have are not purely concerned with the objective of promotion, regardless of the consequences.