PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATC Radio Scanners and all that
View Single Post
Old 21st Sep 2005, 21:59
mocoman
Location, Location, Location

Location: If it moves, watch it like a hawk: If it doesn't, hit it with a hammer until it does...
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Now that link is VERY interesting.

I received an email from the owners of that site a few months ago asking if I would be prepared to host a site for Gatwick and Heathrow ATC RT.

I entered into a long exchange of emails with the owner of the site and pointed out that what he was asking was illegal in the UK and would leave me, as the host, exposed to legal action.

After this exchange, during which I referred him to the OFCOM website and various other sources stating the UK legal position, he agreed that it was, in balance of probability, not a good idea to continue asking me to illegally monitor and re-broadcast restricted communications.

Obviously he has changed his mind and has managed to find a host who doesn't care about the legality or otherwise of their actions.

I wonder if OFCOM will turn a blind-eye to this kind of activity, somehow I doubt it but I'm guessing that no action will occur unless they happen across this site.

Sadly the person to bear the brunt of legal action will be the local host in the UK; not the instigator who is resident in Scandanavia.