PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New routes for Bristols new extension
View Single Post
Old 21st Sep 2005, 14:31
MerchantVenturer

Brunel to Concorde

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking of easyJet, I noticed that the afternoon flight to BRS from BFS seems to have 'disappeared' from the arrivals board yesterday and today, and the SXF has 'gone' today.

They still seem to exist on the easyJet web timetable but when I did a test booking no afternoon flights are shown on Tuesdays and Wednesdays for BFS-BRS. I did the same for SXF and there is no Wednesday flight for the next month, however it seems to re-appear on 19 October.

The afternoon Tue and Wed BFS flights are also seemingly available again later in October.

There is nothing on the easyJet website that I can see.

This is one of the things that infuriates me about airlines and airports. They always announce new routes or additions to a schedule with noise and publicity, but when they withdraw routes or reduce frequencies (even temporarily) they rarely say anything about it. It is up to Joe Public to find out by trial and error.

I don't know if any other BRS routes are affected. A brief look at NCL shows they too seem to have been reduced to 6 SXF rotations per week and no third BFS flight for part of the week also.

Any idea why this is?