PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sikorsky S-76: Ask Nick Lappos
View Single Post
Old 21st Mar 2004, 07:31
peter manktelow

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
no , I think he has a valid query , "High Nr"
I do hope there would be no "repercussions" from such a question.

I know how CHI arrived at their profiles. I would be curious to see how close they are to other operators. I mean the shame of it is , there is no data written in the RFM which is where it should be. Given that the 76 first came out as an "executive" machine , it was the offshore operators who turned it into a fairly successful oilfield support machine to replace and go a bit further than the 212. (talking of which , it also has NIL offshore profiles)

There are a lot of older CHI pilots that will remember the "hot take of technique" for the A model 76. (10,000 pounds nil wind and 30 degrees OAT ring a bell) Not much fun when you used it but it worked and you will find it nowhere , but in an old Okie's or CHI SOP. Not too many people still flying A models offshore these days........hmmmmmm

I will be interested to see how the likes of CHC and others , profile their C+'s offa the rigs. At least they have profiles written for elevated helipads using the "collective detent kit". Never flown the C+ with that system fitted so am again curious as to whether the offshore operators have it. If they dont , then once again they will have to come up with their own profiles.