PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sikorsky S-76: Ask Nick Lappos
View Single Post
Old 21st Mar 2004, 00:38
peter manktelow

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Yikes........how long is a piece of string ? I am not being smart. The problem is that the S76A , A+ and A++ have nothing in the RFM with regard to elevated helipad profiles (ie offshore rig helipads). That being the case , operators have had to come up with their own profiles.

I should add that this is the case for those operators using the FAA RFM. UK operators usually are subject to an RFM that is heavily supplemented by the CAA and they may have specific offshore profiles . I cannot really comment on this as I am too far out of date. The last time I flew a machine that was bound by a CAA RFM was in 1990. This was on the 61 and everything was then GROUP A or GROUP B....now with JAR's....???? Anyhow my point is that it would be worth getting hold of the CAA S76 RFM to see if they have more info on profiles than the FAA version.

CHC is a huge company and there are a lot of pilots who have been influenced (ie brought up on) by their methods of flying a particular helicopter. The offshore S76 is a case in point. If you are affilliated with that company then get in contact with their International Division (CHI) and ask for their 76 SOP. CHI has been flying (and improving on) these profiles since 1979.

If you are not affilliated with CHC then..........????

Good luck..............

sorry ..I forgot to mention....now that the search function is back...try doing a search on Rotorheads for your subject. We bashed "night rig 76 flying" some time back. You may get some interesting stuff there.