PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sikorsky S-76: Ask Nick Lappos
View Single Post
Old 3rd Mar 2002, 17:30
Nick Lappos

I feel like a Doctor at a cocktail party. take two aspirin and call me in the morning!. .. .Comments in turn:. .. .1) does sound like a slow bus tie contactor.. .. .2) ouch! You have me there, I don't know. IHL has it right, the DC gens are the normal source for the blankets, AC is backup.. .. .3) This sounds like the gen controller does not recognize the voltage from the gen, so it won't let it on line sometimes. If the gen has lower voltage than the one already powering the bus, it will lose the argumant. You can get it on by turning the other off first, then the controller has nothing to compare it with. Could be controller or gen, a quick voltage check of the gen at 50%N1 will tell. Unlike other DC systems, a bus never connects to two generators at the same time.. .. .4) IHL has it exactly right about the damper, it is purely a mechanical device, getting its fluid from the hydraulics. If all SAS switches are off, the SAS shouldn't jump when power is put on, but they will if any switch has stuck in the on position (or failed that way). If so with a yaw switch on, the gyro flopping will tickle the sas servo on the yaw quadrant, and the pedals might jump a bit.